She narrated that several efforts to locate the whereabouts of her husband had proved abortive as she did not know where he was taken to or the condition he is presently in.

“After we submitted the petition at Alagbon, an investigation was initiated into the matter. Parties were interviewed by the DCP in charge of the Homicide Department, and he instructed that SP Rotimi should report back with his team, the case file and all the household items unlawfully looted from our house.

“On Friday, we returned with the victims, but SP Rotimi and his men failed to appear. Instead, they ambushed us, abducted my husband and his friend, and have held them in custody since then. I don’t know their whereabouts since then. I am nine months pregnant and due for delivery and I have been traumatised by this incident.”

When contacted, the Public Relations Officer of the Force CIID, Alagbon, Aminat Mayegun, told our correspondent that the said officers were not under the command of Alagbon.

She suggested that our correspondent reached out to the Ogun State Command for clarification.

When our correspondent contacted the Otta Area Commander, ACP Olusola Bamidele, on Thursday, she noted that though the officers shared the command premises with them, they were not under the Ogun State Command as they are working directly with the IGP.

“The officers share the same compound with us but they are not under the Ogun command. They work directly with the IGP,” the Area Commander said.

Our correspondent reached out to Mayegun to inform her of the Otta Command’s claim but she had yet to respond to the message as of the time of filing this report.